sábado, 18 de junio de 2011

Harry Potter and the philosophers stone, J.K. Rowling

Hi!! (waves at everyone)
So about this book, what can I say that hasn't been said already, not much really. But here it goes.
Goodreads says:
Say you've spent the first 10 years of your life sleeping under the stairs of a family who loathes you. Then, in an absurd, magical twist of fate you find yourself surrounded by wizards, a caged snowy owl, a phoenix-feather wand and jellybeans that come in every flavour, including strawberry, curry, grass and sardine. Not only that, but you discover that you are a wizard yourself!
The first time I read Harry's first adventure I was actually younger than him. At the tender age of nine I had just been traumatized by Stephen King and the Clown of It so I needed a lighter read, without clowns in it.
When my friend came over from England she was starting this book and told me such good things about it that while she read a different book I tried to catch up with her. And catch up I did!! Thankfully we both read at the same pace so we started to read it together.
We screeched in the first quidditch game, we screamed when Harry met Fluffy and jumped up and down in joy at the final feast. While we munched on our own chocolate frogs and berty beans^^
Even now 14 years later (wow has it really been that long??) I still enjoy rereading these books as it makes me remember.
My favorite characters?? Hmm Draco and Snape, from the begining I have insisted that Snape isn't as bad as he seems, and Draco is just cute (he was then and still is) and allthough I like the rest of the characters these two are and always will be (along with Lucius) my favorite characters.
I give it 5 out of 5, because even if it's a childs book it represents a memory, a dream and a future for a lot of people.
See you all soon!!
Nathiel

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario